Tools for In Vitro Predictive Toxicity Testing
Since HemoGenix® started in 2000, the company has developed patented and proprietary assays for its contract research services. These assays were further developed into assay kits for in-house use by biopharmaceutical companies, government agencies and academic institutions specializing in pharmacology and toxicology.
All in vitro assays incorporate the most accurate and sensitive signal detection system available, namely ATP bioluminescence, that has been significantly enhance to include full standardization and measurement assurance parameters.
The first in vitro toxicity assay developed by HemoGenix® was called HALO®-Tox HT and remains the leading high throughput, predictive in vitro toxicity platform in the World.
A specific area of our website is devoted to our contract research capabilities.
The present page focusses on our in vitro toxicity assay kits for in-house use, which are available in either 96-well or 384-well formats with high throughput screening capability.
Tools for Predictive In Vitro Hematotoxicity Screening and Testing
All assays are available for human, non-human primate (Cyno and Rhesus), dog, rat and mouse cells.
- ColonyGro™: For those you want to perform the traditional methylcellulose colony-forming cell (CFC) assay similar to previous ECVAM studies. ColonyGro™ is available for up to 19 different hematopoietic cell populations.
- CAMEO™-4: A miniaturized, methylcellulose CFC assay with the same capabilities as ColonyGro™, but on a much smaller scale.
- CAMEO™-96: A methylcellulose, 96-well assay in which both colony counts and total colony cell proliferation can be measured on the sme sample. Colony cell proliferation incorporate the same standardized ATP bioluminescence technology as HALO®-Tox HT.
- HALO®-Tox HT: The leading in vitro predictive hematotoxicity assay platform used by numerous biopharmaceutical companies and incorporating a fully standardized and validated ATP bioluminescence instrument-based readout. HALO®-Tox HT is available for 96- and 384-well formats. HALO®-Tox HT is also the only high throughput, hematotoxicity screening platform. HALO®-Tox HT is also availble as "global" hematotoxicity assay kits in which 4, 5 or 7 cell populations can be detected simultaneously.
- HALO®-96 PRT: A 2-step stem cell hematotoxicity assay used to determine changes in drug sensitivity with repeated dosing and residual toxicity.
Tools for In Vitro Immunotoxicolgy
Based on the same principles as HALO®-Tox HT.
- ImmunoGlo™-Tox HT: A fully standardized and validated ATP bioluminescence assay for primitive lymphopoietic cells and immune cells from various sources and purity. ImmunoGlo™-Tox HT is available in 96-well or 384-well plate formats for high throughput capability.
Tools for In Vitro Hepatotoxicity
This assay can use hepatocytes from virtually any source/species, including ES- or iPS-derived hepatocytes, either fresh or cryopreserved. Although HepatoGro™ medium is included with the assay kit, operators can also use their own hepatocyte maintainence/growth medium and protocols.
- HepatoGlo™-Tox HT: Uses the same principles as the previous bioluminescence assays with 96- and 384-well capability.
Tools for In Vitro Neurotoxicity
- NeuroGlo™-Tox HT: This standardized ATP bioluminescence high throughput in vitro toxicity assay is available with and without cryopreserved, ES-derived neural or neuronal cells.
Tools to Study Toxicity to Embryonic and Induced Pluripotential Stem Cells, Primary Explanted Stem Cells, Stem Cell Lines and Cancer Stem Cells
- STEMGlo™-Tox HT: The most flexible of all HemoGenix® toxicity assay kits since the user can elect to employ thatever growth medium, culture conditions and protocolos they have previous used. This ATP bioluminescence assay kit is available for adherent or non-adherent cells as well as 96- or 384-well plate formats.
- STEMGlo™-96 PRT: A 2 step stem cell sensitivity and residual toxicity assay similar to HALO™-96 PRT.
Tools for In Vitro Mesenchymal Stem Cell (MSC) Toxicity
Toxicity to the mesenchymal cell system is not that well understood, yet extremely important. Mesenchymal stem cells are, in part, responsible for the proper functionaing of the hematopoietic system by being one of the cell types constituting the stem cell niche. The cells are also responsible or chondrogenesis, adipogenesis and osteogenesis and other cell types. Damage to the MSC system can therefore results in damage to many other biological systems.
- MSCGlo™-Tox HT: Like all other in vitro toxicity assays from HemoGenix®, this assay includes exactly the same readout, but is available with either CRUXRUFA Human Platelet Lysate or MSCGro™ serum-free or low serum growth media. In addition, growth media for osteogenesis, adipogenesis or chondrogenesis is also available.
Tools for In Vitro Comaprative Toxicity
- ComparaTOX™: All of the above bioluminescence toxicity assays incorporate the same standardized signal detection system. This allows any of the above assays to be combined in order to compare and rank drug candidates, environmental toxins or other compounds based on cell population, organ or tissue type and species. ComparaTOX™ is not a separate assay, but is a customized assay kit produced according to the customer's wishes.
Tools for Cellular Drug-Drug Interaction (DDI) or Combination
All of the above individual in vitro toxicity assays can be used to measure drug-drug interaction and how different drug either complement each other or hinder their activity. These assays usually require large numbers of assay plates and reagents and are therefore a customized request.